I just found out that the Evangelical Theological Society is holding its 62nd Annual Meeting during Nov 17-19, 2010 in Atlanta, GA , with these heavy-weight panelists speaking on “Justification by Faith“:
- Pastor John Piper (Pastor of Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneappolis)
- The Rt Revd N. T. Wright (Bishop of Durham)
- Dr. Frank Thielman (Presbyterian Professor of Divinity, Beeson Divinity School)
With Theilman leaning more on the side of Wright, I’m afraid Piper will find himself in a difficult position. Anyways, I’m sure there will be a fierce debate, but I hope they can come to a better understanding of each other after this.
I’m so tempted to go, but I need to find pals to go with first.
More resources about this debate:
- The Justification Debate: A Primer by Trevin Wax (Christianity Today)
- Introduction and Summary of the New Perspective on Paul by Mark M. Mattison (thepaulpage.com)
- Justification: God’s Plan & Paul’s Vision by N. T. Wright
- The Future of Justification: A Response to N. T. Wright by John Piper
- Paul and the Law: A Contextual Approach by Frank Thielman