It’s 2009 already and have you wondered why it is still so difficult to create online registration forms for your camps, retreats, or any event that requires people to register before they come?
Google Docs now enables you to create online forms easily with a public link, and all the data filled in go directly into a spreadsheet. This will save you much time in data-entry and form collection (and save some trees too!)
Here is how:
- Go to http://docs.google.com
- Click New -> Form
- Give it a title and start filling in the questions you want to ask.
- Click Save
- The link shown in the bottom of the page is the published page people can use. You can also generate HTML code to embed the form in your blog or website.
- Try out by filling out a few forms.
- Go back to the form design page, and click See responses to see the results in an excellent summary report or an old-fashioned spreadsheet.
- You can also export Google Docs spreadsheet back to Excel or PDF formats.
Praise the Lord for good technology!